rat poison in park
Dog Walkers,  Industry News

Burnley dog walkers urged to be vigilant after pets die from suspected poisoning

Two dogs have died from suspected poisonings in Towneley Park in Burnley, Lancashire, reports suggest.

Adam Brierley often walked his family’s three springer spaniels in the fields and woods around Towneley.

The family discovered their youngest dog Archie had passed away at home the morning after a walk in June and just two weeks later one of their other dogs, Stanley, died on his way to the vets after becoming ill.

The vets initially suspected the parvovirus might have been the cause of Archie’s death, but they now believe some kind of poisoning, either natural or deliberate, had killed the dogs.

Brierley told the Burnley Express: “As a family we want to thank everyone for their well-wishes and to urge other dog owners to be very vigilant.

“Although it won’t bring our gorgeous boys back, please continue to share this story in memory of Stanley and Archie who were only five-years-old and 11-months-old.”

Have you filled in our reader survey to help shape the future direction of The Canine Times? 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

poster