rat poison in park
Dog Walkers,  Industry News

Soham dog walkers warned after rat poison found

Dog walkers in Soham, Cambridgeshire, have been warned after rat poison was found at a popular walking spot.

East Cambridgeshire District Council said it had been made aware of a “large amount” of poison in a grass meadow to the rear of Dobede Way in Soham and it has informed landowner Taylor Wimpey.

A spokesperson for Taylor Wimpey told the Ely Standard: “We are working with specialist consultants who are on site to begin this process and to carry out further checks to ensure any areas of contamination are addressed.

They added: “Until this process is completed, we ask residents to exercise caution when passing through this area and thank them for their cooperation.”

The area will remain closed until it has been declared safe by specialist consultants.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *