US firefighters rescued 115 dogs after a fire broke out at a doggy daycare in north Seattle.
Employees managed to evacuate the dogs, keeping them in vehicles and a car park behind the premises to keep them safe.
No pets died during the incident, but at least five of them were seriously hurt and rushed to an emergency animal hospital, according to reports. Two of the dogs suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to a local veterinarian for treatment. All seven daycare workers were unhurt.
Don Baxter, Manager of Field Services with Seattle Animal Shelter, told news channel KING 5: “This is definitely the largest scale fire that we’ve been on as far as number of animals.”
An investigation revealed that the accidental fire started from a dryer before spreading to the back of the building.